Fairly AI built this map to track AI regulations across the world (including Data and Privacy regulations impacting AI.)
As of December 1, 2023:
As of December 1, 2023, updates include:
- A proposed US bill to A regulate law enforcement's use of facial recognition technology.
- Liechtenstein's Data Protection Authority's comments on AI-Powered Chatbots.
- The Colorado Governance and Risk Management Framework Requirements for Life Insurer's Use of External Consumer Data and Information Sources, Algorithms, and Predictive Models is active.
- Thailand has drafted regulations on cross-border data transfers.
- The EU's proposed Cyber Resilience Act.
- The Political Declaration on Responsible Military Use of Artificial Intelligence and Autonomy signed in the Hague by the US and 30 countries.
- The UK's Standards of Age Appropriate Design.
- The pending California Age-Appropriate Design Code Act.
- Proposed amendment to the Ontario Working for Workers Act for AI in hiring.
- Proposed Wisconsin bill for Disclosures Regarding Content Generated by Artificial Intelligence in Political advertisements.
- The 2022 Windhoek Statement on Artificial Intelligence in Southern Africa.
- The proposed 2023 U.S. Artificial Intelligence Research, Innovation, and Accountability Act.
- The proposed UK Artificial Intelligence (Regulation) Bill.
As of November 1, 2023, updates include:
- The Canadian Privacy Regulator's recommendations for improved youth and employee privacy laws.
- A proposed bill from Illinois known as the "Adult Content Age Verification Act, Senate Bill 2950".
- The U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Director's consideration to regulate consumer payment platforms to prevent surveillance.
- Argentina's Draft Law on the Protection of Personal Data.
- An update to California's Delete Act: it has been signed into law.
- India's Digital Personal Data Protection Act.
- Updates to New Hampshire's and Maine's privacy law drafting.
- Australia's Compliance and Enforcement Policy for the Consumer Data Right.
- The U.S. Executive Order on the Safe, Secure, and Trustworthy Development and Use of Artificial Intelligence.
- The U.K. Online Safety Bill.
- The Bletchley Declaration by Countries Attending the AI Safety Summit, 1-2 November 2023.